Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September Monthly Wrap Up!

Hello snowflakes!  We've had quite a few new things happening on our bloggie home like TTT posts, Milka being amazing and taking over our social media (check out our new FaceBook fanpage!) and this is another new addition!  Every month we are going to wrap up our reading and discuss what's up next for us.  Let's get started!

Highest rated
Shadow Queen by Sarah J Mass
Lowest rated
It's a toss up. I'm not sure
Upcoming reads:
Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins
The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa
Jane Unwrapped by Leah and Kate Rooper

I did pretty good for the month of September. I was lucky enough to read two of my most anticipated sequels and will finish the month with about 11 read titles added to my shelf. Here’s how it all stacked up for me.
Highest rated
The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel (my review will post later in October – Stay tuned!) – 5 Snowflakes
After You by JoJo Moyes – 5 Snowflakes
Lowest rated
Sweet Ache by K. Bromberg (Adult title) – 2 Snowflakes
Special feature
My special feature for the month is an upcoming release. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff will be releasing on October 20, 2015. I had the opportunity to read and review this YA SciFi and it was fantastic! Well the exciting news is that the authors will be doing a book tour and one of the stops is in my hometown, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I can make the author signing and get to bring back a signed copy for my bookshelf. To see if the Illuminae book tour is coming to your town, here the dates and locations HERE.
Upcoming reads
In the spirit of Halloween, I plan to dive into some creepy reads for the month of October including:
Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics
Forbidden by Eve Bunting

Highest rated
Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas - 4 snowflakes
Lowest rated
Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson - 2 snowflakes
Special Feature:
Very excited to finally get to watch Cinderella! Just watched Mad Max Fury Road and was blown away by how much I enjoyed it!  I'm also looking forward to Halloween & my son's first school parade!
Upcoming reads:
Queen of Shadows  by Sarah J. Mass - finally!!
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnson
Velvet Undercover by Teri Brown!


This month I read a few reads outside of my norm and really ended up loving them. I even had a blizzard read!  Here's how my month ended up..
Highest rated: 
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly--blizzard read
Lowest rated: 
Nightmares! by Kirsten Miller & Jason Segel--4 snowflakes Not a low rating but the lowest I had =)
Special feature: 
I have to share with you an amazing signing coming up in my hometown!  If you live in Austin you will not want to miss YA Halloween Horror! GENA SHOWALTER, AMY LUKAVICS & KADY CROSS at BookPeople on October 28th at 7 PM!  I know I am definitely going to this creeptastic event!
Upcoming reads:
Traffick by Ellen Hopkins
The Unquiet by Mikaela Evertt
Highest rated:
The Love that Split the World by Emily Henry
Lowest rated:
Man in the Dark by Paul Auster
Special feature: 
The upcoming Supergirl (trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8MYFadTmQ)
Upcoming reads:
Tonight the Streets are Ours by Leila Sales
Future Perfect by Jen Larsen
Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers

Highest rated:
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas ( 5 stars)
Lowest rated:
The Here and Now by Ann Brashares (3 stars)
Special feature:
Stars Wars 7 movie!!!
Upcoming reads:
The Iron Warrior by Julie Kagawa
The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

That's a wrap for us!  What were your highest rated or lowest rated books?  What's on your tbr for next month??  Leave a comment and let us know!


0 comments:

Post a Comment