Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - Revenge of the Wild by Michelle Modesto


Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday here at

 Winterhaven Books!

This is a feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we share some books we are anxiously awaiting.


This week's pick...

Revenge and the Wild 
by Michelle Modesto
Expected publication: February 2nd 2016 by Balzer + Bray 


The two-bit town of Rogue City is a lawless place, full of dark magic and saloon brawls, monsters and six-shooters. But it’s perfect for seventeen-year-old Westie, the notorious adopted daughter of local inventor Nigel Butler. Westie was only a child when she lost her arm and her family to cannibals on the wagon trail. Nine years later, Westie may seem fearsome with her foul-mouthed tough exterior and the powerful mechanical arm built for her by Nigel, but the memory of her past still haunts her. She’s determined to make the killers pay for their crimes—and there’s nothing to stop her except her own reckless ways. But Westie’s search ceases when a wealthy family comes to town looking to invest in Nigel’s latest invention, a machine that can harvest magic from gold—which Rogue City desperately needs as the magic wards that surround the city start to fail. There’s only one problem: the investors look exactly like the family who murdered Westie’s kin. With the help of Nigel’s handsome but scarred young assistant, Alistair, Westie sets out to prove their guilt. But if she’s not careful, her desire for revenge could cost her the family she has now. This thrilling novel is a remarkable tale of danger and discovery, from debut author Michelle Modesto.

There is just so much going on in this synopsis I don't even know where to begin! The whole allure of the wild West has really captured me as of late. Factor in the steam punk elements and magical wards and my heart eyes are basically out of control. I also love a good revengle plot and this has all that! This is gonna be an AMAZING winter!! I can feel it already!

7 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this before, but I'll definitely add it to my TBR. It sounds amazing. I hope you get to read it soon. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this sounds so crazy, but in a great way! Thanks for introducing it to me :)


    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is definitely on the top of my wish list right now. It sounds amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover for this one! Synopsis doesn't sound like its going to be for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it sounds amazing and I love that cover.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this one. I hope you enjoy it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds so good! Definitely adding to my TBR!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete