Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig



Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday here at

 Winterhaven Books!

This is a feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we share some books we are anxiously awaiting.


This week's pick...



The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
Expected publication: February 16th 2016 by Greenwillow Books 


Heidi Heilig’s debut teen fantasy sweeps from modern-day New York City to nineteenth-century Hawaii to places of myth and legend. Sixteen-year-old Nix has sailed across the globe and through centuries aboard her time-traveling father’s ship. But when he gambles with her very existence, it all may be about to end. The Girl from Everywhere, the first of two books, will dazzle readers of Sabaa Tahir, Rae Carson, and Rachel Hartman. Nix’s life began in Honolulu in 1868. Since then she has traveled to mythic Scandinavia, a land from the tales of One Thousand and One Nights, modern-day New York City, and many more places both real and imagined. As long as he has a map, Nix’s father can sail his ship, The Temptation, to any place, any time. But now he’s uncovered the one map he’s always sought—1868 Honolulu, before Nix’s mother died in childbirth. Nix’s life—her entire existence—is at stake. No one knows what will happen if her father changes the past. It could erase Nix’s future, her dreams, her adventures . . . her connection with the charming Persian thief, Kash, who’s been part of their crew for two years. If Nix helps her father reunite with the love of his life, it will cost her her own. In The Girl from Everywhere, Heidi Heilig blends fantasy, history, and a modern sensibility with witty, fast-paced dialogue, breathless adventure, and enchanting romance.


Here is another one of my 2016 amazings!! I can't wait for this. The few chats I have had with Mrs. Heilig have made me pretty excited. A ship that can sail to any place and anytime is right up my alley!!

7 comments:

  1. Yes!! The FAC16 chats are making me add so many 2016 debuts to my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! I'm so excited for this one. You had me at time travel, but then you incorporated mythology and 19th Century Hawaii and you really had me. Plus charming Persian thief. I needs it, the precious!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was featured on my WOW a few weeks back! I'm such a fan of time travel (Doctor Who, anyone?) and this book seriously sounds amazing!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I can't wait for this one either. I've been seeing it everywhere lately.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this one for the first time last week. I hope you enjoy it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always up for another time travel book! There are SO MANY awesome books coming out next year! Can't wait! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I already have this one on my TBR. It sounds so darn good. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete