Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - Burning Glass by Kathryn Purdie


Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday here at

 Winterhaven Books!

This is a feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we share some books we are anxiously awaiting.


This week's pick...


Burning Glass (Burning Glass #1) 
by Kathryn Purdie
Expected publication: March 1st 2016 by HarperCollins 


Sonya was born with the rare gift to feel what those around her feel—both physically and emotionally—a gift she’s kept hidden from the empire for seventeen long years. After a reckless mistake wipes out all the other girls with similar abilities, Sonya is hauled off to the palace and forced to serve the emperor as his sovereign Auraseer. Tasked with sensing the intentions of would-be assassins, Sonya is under constant pressure to protect the emperor. One mistake, one small failure, will cost her own life and the lives of the few people left in the world who still trust her. But Sonya’s power is untamed and reckless, her feelings easily usurped, and she sometimes can’t decipher when other people’s impulses end and her own begin. In a palace full of warring emotions and looming darkness, Sonya fears that the biggest danger to the empire may be herself. As she struggles to wrangle her abilities, Sonya seeks refuge in her tenuous alliances with the volatile Emperor Valko and his idealistic younger brother, Anton, the crown prince. But when threats of revolution pit the two brothers against each other, Sonya must choose which brother to trust—and which to betray. BURNING GLASS is debut author Kathryn Purdie’s stunning tale of dangerous magic, heart-rending romance, and the hard-won courage it takes to let go.

My Thoughts

I joined a twitter chat (briefly) hosted by my good friends Kristen & Rachel. They were featuring a few newbies of 2016. Let me tell you EVERY SINGLE BOOK had me salivating so for the next few weeks I will be featuring them. This is at the top of my list. I love the idea of the Auraseer. People who can read other intentions/emotions. There is also some brother vs. brother in the royal court drama and I am all for that. I can't wait to see how the magical system plays out and what the world building is like. bring it on.




8 comments:

  1. Yes!! I included this one in my July WoW as well. I'm super interested in how being an empath is going to affect the MC. AND YES, THAT TWITTER CHAT BASICALLY MADE ME DIE. SO MANY BOOKS I NEVER KNEW I NEEDED.

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Wasn't that chat amazing. I have so many new books on my tbr now and they all look fantastic!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love the cover for this one, and the summary sounds so intriguing! Can't wait. :D

    Thanks for sharing!

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out to be as great as it sounds.

      Delete
  3. This is totally new to me but I love this cover and this one sounds awesome!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes my heart happy to hear. I love helping people find new awesome books!

      Delete
  4. One of the most beautiful covers. I need this if only for my book shelf LOL.

    My WOW http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete