Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #46


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week...

Expected Publication: October 15, 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
No one has ever believed that Mo and Annie are just friends. How can a guy and a girl really be best friends?

Then the summer before senior year, Mo’s father loses his job, and by extension his work visa. Instantly, life for Annie and Mo crumbles. Although Mo has lived in America for most of his life, he’ll be forced to move to Jordan. The prospect of leaving his home is devastating, and returning to a world where he no longer belongs terrifies him.

Desperate to save him, Annie proposes they tell a colossal lie—that they are in love. Mo agrees because marrying Annie is the only way he can stay. Annie just wants to keep her best friend, but what happens when it becomes a choice between saving Mo and her own chance at real love?

Oh wow, this story feels like heartbreak on the horizon. I'm really curious to see if these two friends go through with marriage in order to save their friendship. Now that's what I call commitment! I'm looking forward to this story because a YA contemporary that includes friendship, sacrifices and potential love always seems to be the perfect ingredients to captivate me. Truly looking forward to reading The Vow by Jessica Martinez!

Sooo, what book are you waiting on???

19 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds different. I might have to read it when I get a chance. Can't wait to see what you think of it though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so unique! I think this the perfect pick for this week!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that one definitely sounds interesting. Very unique that they actually don't love each other (although, I bet they do at the end!)

    Here's my WoW!

    Jess @ Such A Novel Idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so cute! It would make I great movie, I think. I have a feeling they might just fall in love anyway :)

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this sounds cute and awesome! Great pick :D

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This sounds sounds pretty good :) Awesome pick

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think tissues may be needed for this one. I'll have to check but I'm not sure it is on my to read list. If that's the case that's about to change.

    WoW Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. I smell a lot of devastation for this one. I like that. On the other hand, I can't really say it grips me. Maybe I'm just not in the contemporary mood today. Anyway, good pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. This book just screams "MEGA-FEELS!" I think I must have it. Thanks for the heads up on this one. I hadn't been aware of it, and it's totally going on the TBR. :)

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for this one, too. I like that it sounds like the two friends don't turn into more. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, sounds pretty good. Nice pick!

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-57-gated-after-eden.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this sounds like it will be an interesting read. I'm adding it to my to-read list! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I didn't think that would be a young adult pick at first. I'll be looking into that!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was accepted for a copy of this from Edelweiss and I can't wait to read it! I love the premise, it sounds like a really heart breaking read, but I can't wait to get started on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one really does sounds like a great read and I'm looking forward to it. My WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a really creative way to bring marriage into a YA book!

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo, I've never heard of this one! But I adore the cover - the vending machine container thingy is a classic! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, I can't wait for this one. It sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing and stopping by at my blog! :)

    Emz @ Icy Cold Reads

    ReplyDelete