Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: Forevermore by Cindy Miles

Forevermore
Forevermore by Cindy Miles
Publisher- Point
Released- July 1st 2013
Purchase -Amazon / B & N / Chapters

On a misty cliffside, mystery and romance await. . . .Ivy Calhoun's life has been turned upside down. Her new stepdad has uprooted Ivy and her mom, bringing them to live in an actual castle in the misty Scottish countryside. There are stone-faced servants and shadowy corridors, and the ancient walls seem full of secrets. Ivy is at once frightened and intrigued.Especially when she meets Logan, a gorgeous, elusive ghost who has haunted the castle grounds for decades. Ivy is immediately drawn to him . . . but Logan is not the only spirit around. Something dark and deadly is afoot, and soon Ivy finds herself in mortal danger.Is Logan exactly what he seems? Could his mysterious past be tied to Ivy's present? And can Ivy stop herself from falling in love with him?
My Thoughts:
After Ivy's mother found love again with Niall MacAlister, a Scottish Laird, they married and Niall brought them back to his home country in Scotland where they actually get to live in an an old creepy castle on the Glenmorrag estate.
Complete with gargoyles, servants and screaming peacocks, Ivy knows she's not in Charleston anymore and while she's scared, she's also very much intrigued. Specially when she meets Logan Munro, the castle's resident ghost.They may have had a shaky start, but soon enough Ivy starts to care about him and wants to try to solve what happened to him centuries ago. But Logan isn't the only lingering spirit around and this one doesn't seem to have Ivy's best intentions at heart. Can Ivy and her new found friends solve the mysterious curse surrounding Glenmorrag castle and Logan Munro before it's to late? Or will Logan be lost forever along with Ivy's heart.

You know, I knew I always wanted to read Forevermore, but I never thought I'd love it the way I did, nor did I think it would be an instant favorite. Don't you just love when book do that?
This would be Cindy Miles first novel in the YA genre and the first book I've read by her, but it wont be my last. Miles writing is very smooth, clever and very strong. I loved how easily comfortable and absorbed I was while reading, losing myself within these pages from start to finish. What I loved about this book is that it's set in modern times but I felt like I was transported to a different time within the walls of Glenmorrag and around Scotland countryside. The atmosphere was thick and rich and filled with old magic you could taste. It was truly beautiful writing. I also thought it was rather cunning of Miles to bring in character from her adult books and adding them to the plot line. I've never read Highland Knight  before, but hearing Amelia and Ethan's story in this book makes me want to run out and read it as soon as possible. It was a brilliant fit to Logan's own situation and provided the necessary explanation to piece together and support the plots concept, making it more plausible and exciting. It's true that the story line wasn't anything I haven't read before, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying Miles take on the supernatural good times. In fact, I couldn't seem to get enough and find myself wanting more.

There are so many great characters in this book and I loved every single one of them!
Ivy is a wonderfully put together protagonist. I loved her voice. I love that despite being out of her own skin in Scotland she puts on a brave front and goes with the flow to make her mom happy. It's refreshing from the usual bratty characters that I tend to find in these kind of reads. I love that she plays music and that it's apart of her and her connection with her father. She's also a fearless little thing and while she gets scared she's not afraid to confront the craziness around her.
Logan Munro isn't like most guys I find in my reads. He's from a different time and age where good manners and chivalry still exists, (warnings and haunting's, pushed aside). I found him to be such a lost and endearing character. My heart really goes out to him. Died at the age of eighteen with no memories of his life before and roaming the world for hundreds of years can be awfully lonely. The connection between Ivy and Logan and the romance was light, clean and very, very sweet. Totally hug-worthy stuff my friends.
There are also a list of amazing secondary characters that I grew quite attached to. Julia, Niall, Emma, Jonas, Ian, Serrus and last but not least, Amelia and Ethan. They all brought the perfect amount of awesome into the story line.

Bottom line, Forevermore is a charming and enchanting story that entwines ghostly mysteries and a tender romance that was a complete joy to read. The writing is fantastic, the setting was mystical and magical and these characters truly stole my heart.  I simply can't wait to get a hold of Cindy Miles other books, it looks like she has a new fan. This book reads like a standalone but I hope that Miles continues to write more for the YA genre. This was just all kinds of fun! Loved!


Find the author:
Goodreads / Website
                                                                     5 Snowflakes

Follow on Bloglovin


0 comments:

Post a Comment