Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #45


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week...


Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller
Expected publication: September 24th 2013 
Publishers: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines. Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind. She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility.

Trish Doller writes incredibly real teens, and this searing story of love, betrayal, and how not to lose your mind will resonate with readers who want their stories gritty and utterly true.

"Trish Doller writes strong, gutsy characters that you can't help caring for and Callie is no exception. Her journey is heartbreaking and powerful." —Melina Marchetta, Printz Award winning author of Jellicoe Road

Wow! This sounds intense and the fact that Melina Marchetta is singing Trish Doller's praises makes it even more intriguing. The description makes this novel sound like a story that will keep my attention, so count me in!

Sooo, what book are you waiting on???

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty cover! I've heard good things about this author. Sounds pretty emotional!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this one! I've heard good things about the book and the author, so I have hopes. (:

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Trish and not only is this cover so pretty, I totally trust Trish to write an amazing story!

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, I am also waiting for this one. The cover is what drew me in, but I definitely have high expectations after reading that summary!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! Sounds so good, so I'll add it on my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this book either ladies, it sounds absolutely beautiful! September needs to hurry up already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Something Like Normal by Trish Doller, and so I'm looking forward to this read as well. I hope it's going to be just as funny and cute!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! I have an arc of this that I can't wait to read. I hope we both enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to this one, too. I love the cover and it does sound like an interesting, intense read. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Trish'a first book! But I've never read anything by Melina, so the praise is lost on me lol. I got this one from NetGalley! Hopefully I read it soon - I'm officially in my September ARC/eARC pile! :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of this author, but that book sounds really interesting. One can only imagine what a child feels like when they are brought home, but they have never been there before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete