Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #86 The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons


Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays! Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! My Teaser Tuesday is for the following...

The Glass Arrow
The Glass Arrow by Kristen SimmonsPublisher: Tor TeenPublication Date: February 10, 2015

BLURB:
The Handmaid’s Tale meets Blood Red Road in Glass Arrow, the story of Aya, who lives with a small group of women on the run from the men who hunt them, men who want to auction off breeding rights to the highest bidder.

In a world where females are scarce and are hunted, then bought and sold at market for their breeding rights, 15-year old Aya has learned how to hide. With a ragtag bunch of other women and girls, she has successfully avoided capture and eked out a nomadic but free existence in the mountains. But when Aya’s luck runs out and she’s caught by a group of businessmen on a hunting expedition, fighting to survive takes on a whole new meaning.

Teasers from ebook 17.5%

And then I see a figure break from the crowd on the street and approach the fence.
 One of his hands stretches towards her, and for a moment I think he'll touch the metal, but he backs away suddenly and kicks the ground.

Teaser from ebook 18%

A moment later, the Driver boy appears, and this time I can see that he's wearing a plain white T-shirty and dirty, tie-on linen pants, and he's barefoot.
  An ice-cold fist closes around my heart. He's walking straight towards me.

*PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here if you don’t have a blog Thanks! 





3 comments:

  1. Wow. Both of these are so intriguing. I added this one of my reading challenges because several friends are screaming at me to read it. LOL
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/17/teaser-tuesdays-102-the-loch-by-steve-alten/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I am really enjoying it. Hope you do as well! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Glass Arrow was amazing. There is so much to learn and love about it and I loved everything, from it's intriguing and emotional story to it's captivating characters. It's stunningly written and in a way I'm sad that it's a standalone because these characters have captured my heart! Everything about this book was sheer perfection and I urge everyone to read it!

    Mariz
    Get Best Info for Fishing Lodges Alaska visit site

    ReplyDelete