Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Teaser Tuesday, #66 Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch




Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays! Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser Tuesday is for the following...

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch 
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Expected Publication Date: October 14, 2014

A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

*Quotes taken from an Advanced Readers Copy. They are subject to change.*

Quotes from ebook pages 100

"I cup my hands over my face and exhale, inhale, exhale again. Just keep breathing. No matter what happens, no matter who turns on me, no matter what pompous swine thinks he has power over me, I am still me. I will always be me."

"He brushes the emotion off his face, one solid sweep of nothing. Hiding it, pushing it away, pretending it doesn't mean anything to him when it should mean everything."

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here if you don’t have a blog Thanks! 


5 comments:

  1. I just downloaded this book too. It will be quite a while before it reaches the top of my review stack. Your teasers make me wish I could read it sooner. My teasers this week are from Caged Warrior by Alan Sitomer and Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I'm really enjoying the book. It's unique and fresh. Hope you enjoy it when you get to it. Thanks for swinging by!

      Delete
  2. I like the description of hiding his emotions.
    My Teaser is from PATTY JANE'S HOUSE OF CURL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...he's a pro at it! At times I was hoping he'd finally let it loose LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete