Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: The Hunt- Project Paper Doll by Stacey Kade

18296013
The Hunt by Stacey Kade
Publisher- Disney Hyperion
Released- April 22nd 2014
Pre-Order- Amazon / B & N


Ariane Tucker has finally escaped GTX, the research facility that created her. While on the run, Zane Bradshaw is the only person she can trust. He knows who-and what-she is and still wants to be part of her life.
But accepting Zane's help means putting him in danger.Dr. Jacobs, head of GTX, is not the only one hunting for Ariane. Two rival corporations have their sights set on taking down their competition. Permanently. To protect Zane and herself, Ariane needs allies. She needs the other hybrids. The hybrids who are way more alien and a lot less human. Can Ariane win them over before they turn on her? Or will she be forced to choose sides, to decide who lives and who dies?
My Thoughts:
Ariane and Zane successfully escaped the GTX lab in on piece, but the danger is far from over. They thought Dr. Jacob was the problem, but soon discover that there are other companies who are also hunting her down. On a mad attempt to find someone to trust, and to keep her and Zane safe, Ari has to try to convince the other hybrids to work together and refuse to cooperate so there won’t be any trials. Only the other hybrids are anything but human and every moment she allows Zane to be with her, puts his life in danger.

After reading the first book, The Rules, I knew that I would fall in love with these books, and I was right. The Hunt is the second installment in the Project Paper Doll series and even better then the first one. This novel is very sharp and very smart. The plot is filled with all the technical sci-fi details that had my head spinning in the best way possible but it was still laced with one sweet romance.

I really loved how Kade handled this plot. It was always moving, twisting and turning in new unexpected ways. I loved the unpredictability of it all, the suspense, the thrills and the excitement of danger within every turn. Ari and Zane felt like they were trying to fight something so much bigger then they could possibly handle with very little help to do it, and yet, they still tried, no matter the consequences.

Ariane is such a heartbreaking creature. She knows she’s a half human/ half alien hybrid, designed in specific skills and although she may be powerful, she doesn't have anyone to turn to except for Zane. She’s torn between wanting to keep him with her and leave so he won’t be in danger. Torn between what she is and what he makes her want to be. Human.
Zane is everything you could ask for in a friend and love interest. He’s sweet, funny, kind, protective and loyal. He doesn't care that Ariane is some freak science experiment or that she’s something other then totally human, he wants to take care of her and keep her safe, even if it means getting himself killed in the process.
The romance is very light, but it’s still really quite adorable. I loved those awkward moments between them when it’s still so uncertain giving the impending danger they’re surrounded in, but their playfully stubbornness and dancing emotions were really something to hold on to. They have great chemistry that made me smile, swoon and laugh.

All in all, this was a really great book. The writing is strong, the flow and pace was perfect, the plot has a heart stopping, nail biting edge that screams with excitement and these characters will keep you on your toes and begging for more. That ending really just about killed me, so be warned, evil-cliffy is just mean, but what a helluva way to grab readers with that gasping conclusion. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next installment! A solid escape.

Find the author:
Goodreads / Website                               4 Snowflakes  

3 comments:

  1. Arianne broke my heart with this book, I have to say. I really enjoyed it, though. I love this series. And that cliffy, ugh! I have feelings of what will happen but I don't want to guess too much! I can't wait for the next book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ending killed me! I think I know where its going but I'm nervous. Glad to hear you love this series too. It's loads of fun:-)

      Delete
  2. Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

    Dailyjobglobal.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete