Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday, #55


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week...

The Young Elites (The Young Elites #1) by Marie Lu
Expected publication: October 7, 2014
Publisher: Putnam Books for Young Readers

I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside.

Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever. A decade ago, the deadly illness swept through her nation. Most of the infected perished, while many of the children who survived were left with strange markings. Adelina’s black hair turned silver, her lashes went pale, and now she has only a jagged scar where her left eye once was. Her cruel father believes she is a malfetto, an abomination, ruining their family’s good name and standing in the way of their fortune. But some of the fever’s survivors are rumored to possess more than just scars—they are believed to have mysterious and powerful gifts, and though their identities remain secret, they have come to be called the Young Elites.

Teren Santoro works for the king. As Leader of the Inquisition Axis, it is his job to seek out the Young Elites, to destroy them before they destroy the nation. He believes the Young Elites to be dangerous and vengeful, but it’s Teren who may possess the darkest secret of all.

Enzo Valenciano is a member of the Dagger Society. This secret sect of Young Elites seeks out others like them before the Inquisition Axis can. But when the Daggers find Adelina, they discover someone with powers like they’ve never seen.

Adelina wants to believe Enzo is on her side, and that Teren is the true enemy. But the lives of these three will collide in unexpected ways, as each fights a very different and personal battle. But of one thing they are all certain: Adelina has abilities that shouldn’t belong in this world. A vengeful blackness in her heart. And a desire to destroy all who dare to cross her.

It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt.

I'm a huge fan of Marie Lu, and I was facinated by her Legend series from beginning to end..   I just know her upcoming series, The Young Elites will be just as captivating, so I can't wait to get my hands on this novel.

With any luck, I might just land one this weekend when my lovelies Crystal (my roomie here at WinterHaven and Rachel (one of my book besties at The Reader's Den) will be meeting for a fun time in  Las Vegas this weekend for the 2014 Annual ALA Convention. I'm sure I speak for my cronies as well when I say, we are so excited to get the chance to talk to publishers and meet some of our favorite authors. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and share the event with everyone when we return. So stay tuned!!!
Sooo, what book are you waiting on???

22 comments:

  1. 1. I'm so freakin' jealous you'll be at ALA (I joined ALA just to go but I couldn't afford to go this year) 2. This sounds fantastic! I haven't seen this book yet! I will have to hunt it down thru my channels or just order it in at the library - yeah, life is rough :)

    Have a fabulous time this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin!! :) I've been excited to go for some time. Hopefully you can make the next one. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES. I am SO excited to get my hands on this one. Awesome pick!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get to read it soon. :) Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. :) I hope you get your hands on a copy too. Happy reading.

      Delete
  5. I still want to read Legend! And this too! LOL So many books so little time.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legend is soooo good! I hope you give it a try. I agree. Wish I had more time to read. Thank you for stopping by Jennifer. :)

      Delete
  6. I loved Legend too, so I'm really excited to read The Young Elites especially since YA fantasy is one of my favorite genres! It's going to be an awesome read for sure! :)
    Have fun at ALA!

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Nick. I can't wait. :) Thank you! Happy reading. XD

      Delete
  7. Awesome pick! Would love to read this one along with her previous trilogy. Sounds like a great writer.

    Happy Wednesday :)

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a great writer Shane. I hope you give her a try soon.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read her Legend series, but really want to read this. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here Legend series is great! I loved it. Thank you for stopping by Kirsty. XD

      Delete
  9. Sounds amazing.
    Check out our WoW at www.theyaclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read Legend, even though I own all the books, which I really, really need to do! This one also sounds really great!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legend is amazing. Totally worth the time. I hope you read it soon Izzy. Happy reading. :D

      Delete
  11. I'm really excited for this one as well! I really loved Legend so I'll definitely read anything else that Marie Lu writes. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get it soon Krystianna! Thank you for stopping by. XD

      Delete
  12. Another popular one, one that I'm wanting to read myself too ^_^

    My WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

    Fxug.net
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete