Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review: Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

13605723
Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher- Spencer Hill Press
Released- Nov 2nd 2013
Purchase- Amazon / B & N


It's a beautiful day for a war.As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.
My Thoughts:
It’s done. My precious beloved Covenant series is over and I’m so sad to see one of my all time favorites escapes end.  I know that books aren't real. I know that these characters aren't real, but when I’m reading, in those hours when I’m lost in the words and pictures in my head, they become so real that it breaks my heart that next year there won’t be another book to look forward to in this world. I know that it has to end sometime but this will be so freaken missed that it hurts my heart just thinking about it.

Jennifer L. Armentrout is a such a phenomenal writer. The way she delivered this ending was so powerful and perfect and I feel speechless and in awe. Everyone who knows me understands the love and admiration I have for this author, she simple amazes me and I’ll forever be a screaming fan-girl wanting and waiting for the next JLA fix.

Sentinel is the fifth and final book in the Covenant series but dame, what a freaken ending. This was so action packed and pulse pounding that I felt like I couldn't read fast enough.
All those questions that needed answers, all the worry and doubts that we had for some of these characters? Everything got done, owned and then some. I can’t even begin to express my shock for all the remarkable twist and turns that spun this novel. Since this is the last book, I don’t want to spoil anything for those who haven’t read this yet. Trust me, I wish I could scream it from the rooftops, but all I’m gonna say is that this was beyond anything I could have possibly hoped for. It left me feeling happy, impressed and content with how everything played out for all of our favorite characters.

Alex, Aiden, Seth, Luke, Deacon, Olivia, Marcus, Caleb and Apollo.  Please stand up and take a bow. Thank-you for giving me years of pure unforgettable entertainment.
Alex has come a long way from the first book. She’s a beautiful and fierce creature and is warm and caring and totally kickass. I've never been prouder.
Aiden will forever own a piece of my heart. He’s the rock that held this series together. His unwavering love and support for Alex took my breath away and made my heart ache with pure joy. The love between these two is precious, proving that love doesn't  have to end.
Seth has always provoked conflicting feeling for me during this entire series, but in the end, I believe we finally got to see the very best of him. Not many characters are redeemed in my eyes, but Seth proved himself in this book and made all the hope I had for him worth while.
As for the rest of the characters, I loved every single one of them. They brought so much entertainment and happiness into this world. They will all be equally missed.

Nothing I say can ever bring this book the justice it deserves and I'm a little chocked up having to let this go, but I know when I look back to all of the books in this series, I will always remember it being some of my favorite reading experiences ever. I laughed out loud, I cried, I swooned, I melted, I cringed, I hated, I screamed, I loved, I jumped up and down like a crazy person and then I read the book, all over again.
So with that said, I want to congrats and thank Jennifer for creating such an epic world that was imaginative, creative and brilliant and letting us explore and play and feel with all these remarkable amazing characters. They will forever be cherished and treasured. I couldn't love a series more. Bravo!!

Find the author:
Goodreads / Website                                  5 snowflakes

3 comments:

  1. I did like this book a lot, but I didn't LOVE it like I thought I would. My favorite of the series is Deity, I have no idea why, I just loved that book so much. This one was meh in my opinion. Yes, there was a good ending, and everyone was more or less happy, but it just seemed like it was missing something for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry you couldn't love this one, but I'm glad you liked it. I didn't find anything really lacking in this one, but I do wish it was a little longer, but that's only cause I don't want it to end lol I really thought the ending was prefect. It made me nervous cause I just wasn't sure what kind of ending we were going to get. I'm gonna miss these books:(

      Delete
    2. I didn't love, but I liked a lot. I loved this series as a whole and over all it's 5 stars for me for sure. It would have been nice a little longer, yes. And after my last couple of series finishes I am glad that JLA went a good way with this!

      Delete