Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #52


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week...
Expected Publication Date: May 13, 2014
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion

Cricket Thompson's lifetime of overachieving has paid off: she's headed to Brown University in the fall, with a spot on the lacrosse team and a scholarship that covers almost everything. Who knew living in the dorm cost money? An Ivy League education seems to mean living at home for the next four years.

When Cricket is offered the chance to earn enough cash to afford a real college experience, she heads back to Nantucket for the summer. But the faraway island challenges Cricket in ways she hadn't anticipated. It's hard to focus on earning money for next year, when she finds her world opening up in entirely new ways-to art, to travel, and, most unexpectedly, to a future completely different from the one she has been working toward her whole life. A friendship blossoms with Ben, the gorgeous surfer and bartender who encourages Cricket to be free, even as she smarts at the pain of seeing Zack, her first love, falling for her worst enemy.

But one night, when Cricket finally lets herself break all her own rules, she realizes she may have ruined her carefully constructed future with one impulsive decision. Cricket must dig deep to fight for her future, discovering that success isn't just about reaching goals, but also about listening to what she's been trying to ignore-her own heart.

I read the first book in this series called Nantucket Blue and I absotutely adored the characters and the story they had to share. Have met the author and getting a glimpse of where she was taking this next story, I have so admit I am extremely excited to head back to Nantucket and visit with Cricket and her friends once again. Looking forward to this next book!

Sooo, what book are you waiting on???

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was a sequel!! I loved Nantucket Blue and I'm so glad there's more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that the first one was sooo good, but I haven't read it yet!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Nantucket Blue, but I heard amazing things about it. I didn't realize it was going to be a series. I hope you get to read Nantucket Red soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read this series. Seriously.

    Great pick, Arlene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man. I love the cover for Nantucket Red. I really enjoyed Nantucket Blue a lot.

    My WOW Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of Nantucket Blue but have never bothered to look into it. Thanks for sharing! It sounds great(:
    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete