Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday, #38


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week...

Just One Year (Just One Day #2) by Gayle Forman
Expected Publication: October 15, 2013
Publisher: Dutton Children's
"Can you fall in love in just one day? Can you become a new person? How about in just one year? In JUST ONE DAY and its companion novel JUST ONE YEAR, sheltered American good girl Allyson “LuLu” Healey and easygoing actor Willem De Ruiter are about to find out against a guidebook-worthy array of foreign backdrops. Equal parts romance, coming-of-age-tale, mystery and travel romp (with settings that span from England’s Stratford upon Avon to Paris to Amsterdam to India’s Bollywood) JUST ONE DAY and JUST ONE YEAR show how in looking for someone else, you just might wind up finding yourself

There are certain authors that I tend to need a fix from every year or so and I put Forman in the same category as Marchetta, Caine, Dessen, Echols, Perkins and Elkeles. After a while of trying out new authors, different genres, and slight variations of the same, I can always count on my trusted faves to deliver something I'm going to love. I read Just One Day last year and it left me craving for the second part. It wasn't a painful cliffhanger or anything, just more of a promise that Part II will be great. I'm looking forward to Forman's second installment in this series and knowing she plans to position it from Willem's POV has me chomping at the bit even more. I . CAN'T . WAIT!!

Sooo, what book are you waiting on???

15 comments:

  1. I gifted Just One Day to someone without having read it myself. I trusted all the good ratings and reviews of Forman. I actually wanted to start with If I Stay, but I just might to start with those two instead. Great pick, thanks for sharing and happy reading! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick!
    I still haven't read Just One Day, though.

    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read! I hope you enjoy it!

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about Just One Day, so I'll have to read that one soon. Hopefully I'll be caught up by the time this one comes out!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read the first book in the series but I'm really excited about it. Great pick! I would love to read this one too.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Just One Day yet because I did hear so many people say the need the next one immediately, making it sound like a cliff-hanger. Good to know it's not, but I'm still going to hold off until closer to this one's release date. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Just One Day. I've kinda been on the fence about reading her books, but I just saw Gayle in a panel at RT, and after hearing her talk about her books, writing, etc... I really think I need to give her a try. Plus the premise just sounds really good. :) Great pick!

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Despite being a Gayle Forman fan, I haven't yet read JUST ONE DAY--and now I find out that JUST ONE YEAR is coming this fall?! Must. Get. Reading. Thanks for the nudge and happy to have discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, I wasn't going to read Just One Day until all of a sudden, I really wanted to. Don't know why it just jumped out to me all of a sudden, though!

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want this book yesterday! Just One Day was good! I actually won it from you guys, so thanks for that!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never read anything by Gayle Forman! I probably won't, because her books don't really appeal to me, but they do to most of the other readers! I hope you get to read it early, and I hope you enjoy it :D

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! This one is on my list as well. Here's my WOW:
    http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-dark-witch/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have to read the first book! I might read it when they're all out though, sometimes the wait is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    Information
    Click Here
    Steepster.com

    ReplyDelete