Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Review: Shooting Scars by Karina Halle

Published: August 20, 2013
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Sometimes the right choice can be the deadliest.

When Ellie Watt made the ultimate sacrifice for Camden McQueen, she never thought it would be easy. But walking away with her ex-lover, Javier Bernal, in order to ensure Camden’s safety has brought a whole new set of dangers. With Javier’s plans for Ellie growing more secretive by the moment, Ellie must find a way to stay ahead of the game before her past swallows her whole.

Meanwhile, Camden’s new life is short-lived. Fueled by revenge and pursued by authorities, he teams up with an unlikely partner in order to save Ellie. But as Camden toes the line between love and retribution, he realizes that in order to get back the woman he loves, he may have to lose himself in the process. He might just turn into the very man he’s hunting.

My Thoughts
FIVE SHOOTING SCTARS
"A love that starts off under a lie is bound to kill you, and sometimes you live to tell the tale."

"She took a piece of me that I was unable to get back until I was inside her, feeling her heart and her sins in my hands... She really was the only one I truly, drowning in passion, loved."

Shooting Scars is nothing shorts of a TRIPLE THREAT -Amazing, Addictive and absolutely Awesome!! What a rush!!

I knew Karina Halle would not disappoint with her sequel to Sins & Needles. After meeting her captivating cast and being left with a cliffhanger in book one, I’ve been pining for Shooting Scars for most of the summer. Totally worth the wait and then some!!

Shooting Scars picks up immediately where Sins & Needles left off where Ellie cuts a deal with Javier to keep Camden safe. The novel is told in dual perspectives between Ellie and Camden, which simply adds even more fuel to this explosive sequel. Being forced to execute Javier’s plan of revenge, Ellie has no choice but to travel to Mexico with him to bring Travis Raines down. When Camden follows Ellie to this cartel infested country and risks his life to bring her back, they both fall prey to Javier’s wicked ways.

I have to admit that I absolutely loved Camden’s character in this novel. He was reckless, loyal and passionate all in the name of love and when you mix that with ink and glasses, what normal girl would not swoon over this guy? In any other series and setting, I’d be Team Camden all the way and quite frankly, I do quietly root for him, but when he’s bumped up against the dark, dangerous and wicked Javier, I’ve got to embrace my twisted side and root for Team Javier. I’m not even sure what I want his prize to be, I’m just simply attracted to this character in the worst way. HA!

There were a few scenes that had me a bit conflicted and where my wicked side was pleased to see Ellie fall to temptation a few times, I have to say in the end it sort of hurt when I witnessed how this would break Camden. Not going to say much more, but let me just tell you… Shooting Scars is nothing short of a RUSH! I can’t wait for the next installment and despite who comes out on top (no pun intended…really) I’m excited to see how Ellie, Camden and Javier fare in this battle of passion and revenge. Loved it!!

"For all she'd done, for the heartless, cruel, selfish person she could be, there was an innocence deep inside...who never learned to love without repercussions."

"Aren't you tired of searching for that something to put your demons to rest?"

5 Snowflakes


2 comments:

  1. I've seen this book on everyone's reading list. I think it's time I should check it out. I'm a sucker for tat'd boys as well!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    Blog.clickteam.jp
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete