Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Season of You and Me by Robin Constantine


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week…
Expected publication: May 10, 2016
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
From Robin Constantine, author of The Promise of Amazing and The Secrets of Attraction, comes a funny and heartfelt summer romance set in New Jersey. Perfect for fans of Sarah Mlynowski, Jenny Han, and Morgan Matson.

Cassidy Emmerich is reeling from a sudden, humiliating breakup. The last thing she wants to do is stick around and be reminded of her ex everywhere she goes. On impulse, she decides to spend the summer with her father and his family at their Jersey Shore bed-and-breakfast. A different scene and a new job working as a camp counselor seem like the perfect recipe for forgetting Gavin as quickly as possible—not to mention for avoiding him until he leaves for college. 

Bryan Lakewood is sick of nevers. You’ll never walk. You’ll never surf. You’ll never slow dance with a girl and have her put her head on your shoulder. Last year he made one false move—now he’s paralyzed and needs to use a wheelchair. But this summer, he’s back at his camp job and is determined to reclaim his independence—and his confidence.

Cass is expecting two months of healing her broken heart.

Bryan is expecting a summer of tough adjustments.

Neither is expecting to fall in love.
It's no surprise that I'm a true fan of YA Contemporary novels. Actually, I love contemporary novels in any genre… Young Adult, New Adult, Adult… It's the possibly of falling in love mixed with outlying circumstances that add a bit of angst to the story, and The Season of You and Me sounds like the perfect blend of both! I can't wait to get my hands on this novel and experience Robin Constantine's storytelling for the first time. Sounds promising!

Sooo, what book are you waiting on??

12 comments:

  1. I do love a good YA contemporary. Adding to my lookout list.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA contemporary is the best! I think Arlene picked the title for this week from our team, but I am certainly interested to read this one as well!
      Thanks for stopping by Lekeisha!

      Delete
  2. This book looks and sounds amazing. You had me at the beach....and two broken people trying to heal. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “SHE’S NOT THERE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love beach novels as well, so I am really looking forward to reading this as well!
      Thanks for stopping by Laurel-Rain! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. YAY! YA contemporaries are THE BEST!
      Thanks for stopping by Eva!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure this is one for me! I didn't enjoy the one Constantine book I read (her debut), so I've pretty much passed on her books. BUT, I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I haven't read anything by Constantine before (I think this was Arlene's pick), but since I love contemporary and don't have any preconceptions about Constantine, I definitely am interested to give this a go if I get a chance for it :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm not really a contemporary reader, but my students like them so I'll have to order this one for my library. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I hope your students like it! :)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. i tried this author's debut novel and i just couldn't continue with it and had to DNF it.. but i do hope this is a bit better.

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a bummer. I have no experience from Constantine's novels (another member of our blogging team picked this one), but since I love contemporary, I might give this a go if a chance for it shows up :)
      Thanks for stopping by Juhina - I am HUGE fan of your booktube channel, so it was a nice to see a comment from you here!

      Delete