Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.
Here's my selection for this week…
Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake 
Expected publication: May 3, 2016
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Hadley St. Clair's life changed the day she came home to a front door covered in slips of paper, each of them revealing the ugly truth about her father. Now as her family falls apart in the wake of his year-long affair, Hadley wants everyone-her dad most of all-to leave her alone.

Then she meets Sam Bennett, a cute new boy who inexplicably "feels like home" to Hadley. Hadley and Sam's connection is undeniable, but Sam has a secret about his family that could ruin everything.

Funny and passionate, Suffer Love is a story about first love, family dysfunction, and the fickle hand of fate. 

I know the publication date is still a ways away, but the preliminary reviews are looking pretty good. So couple that with the fact that it's Ashley Herring Blake's debut YA Contempoary novel, and I'm sold! I love diving into debut novels when authors are first entering the YA stage because they bring the promise of something new and creative. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Suffer Love pans out. 
Preorder
Sooo, what book are you waiting on? Be sure to link me up! :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it has the potential to be a wonderful book! I just added it to my TBR shelf. Thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete