Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury



Welcome to Waiting On Wednesday here at

 Winterhaven Books!

This is a feature created by Jill at Breaking The Spine where we share some books we are anxiously awaiting.


This week's pick...

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury 

Expected publication: February 23rd 2016 by Razorbill 


She is the most powerful Jinni of all. He is a boy from the streets. Their love will shake the world...
When Aladdin discovers Zahra's jinni lamp, Zahra is thrust back into a world she hasn't seen in hundreds of years -- a world where magic is forbidden and Zahra's very existence is illegal. She must disguise herself to stay alive, using ancient shape-shifting magic, until her new master has selected his three wishes. But when the King of the Jinn offers Zahra a chance to be free of her lamp forever, she seizes the opportunity—only to discover she is falling in love with Aladdin. When saving herself means betraying him, Zahra must decide once and for all: is winning her freedom worth losing her heart? As time unravels and her enemies close in, Zahra finds herself suspended between danger and desire in this dazzling retelling of Arabian Nights from acclaimed author Jessica Khoury.

Another fabulous retelling...yes please! So what if the market is a bit saturated right now?!? I am all for it!! Not to mention the fact that Arabian nights is a favorite of mine. I really love the whole jinni troupe. Can't wait for this one!

7 comments:

  1. Ooooooh Jinni's!! And more Arabian Nights style stories YES PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that cover. I have seen this one around some and it does sound interesting. Seems like Jinni's are the new "thing." Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that so many authors are doing retellings and I am especially excited for this one! Plus the cover is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one until now but it sounds excellent. I love retellings!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover and the synopsis! But it is a long wait.
    Old follower.
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good. Haven't read anything by this author yet! Enjoy it! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good. I hope it ends up being good. Great pick this week!

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-copper-gauntlet.html

    ReplyDelete