Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Passenger (Passenger #1) by Alexandra Bracken



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.

Here's my selection for this week…
Expected publication: January 5, 2016 
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
passage, n.
i. A brief section of music composed of a series of notes and flourishes.

ii. A journey by water; a voyage.
iii. The transition from one place to another, across space and time.

In one devastating night, violin prodigy Etta Spencer loses everything she knows and loves. Thrust into an unfamiliar world by a stranger with a dangerous agenda, Etta is certain of only one thing: she has traveled not just miles but years from home. And she’s inherited a legacy she knows nothing about from a family whose existence she’s never heard of. Until now.

Nicholas Carter is content with his life at sea, free from the Ironwoods—a powerful family in the colonies—and the servitude he’s known at their hands. But with the arrival of an unusual passenger on his ship comes the insistent pull of the past that he can’t escape and the family that won’t let him go so easily. Now the Ironwoods are searching for a stolen object of untold value, one they believe only Etta, Nicholas’ passenger, can find. In order to protect her, he must ensure she brings it back to them— whether she wants to or not.

Together, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the traveler who will do anything to keep the object out of the Ironwoods’ grasp. But as they get closer to the truth of their search, and the deadly game the Ironwoods are play­ing, treacherous forces threaten to sep­arate Etta not only from Nicholas but from her path home . . . forever
I was a huge fan of Alexandra Bracken's novel Brightly Woven. Reading that story, I know how crafty and skilled Bracken is with her fantasy writing pen. It's been years since I fell into her storytelling, and coming across Passenger, I know she'll once again catapult me into her story that crosses centuries and continents. Passenger sounds amazing! I can't wait to get my hands on this book and journey with Etta and Nicholas!


Be sure to check out Alexandra's Pinterest Board for Passenger!
Preorder
Amazon  |  iBooks  |  Barnes & Noble

Sooo, what book are you waiting on? Be sure to link me up! :)

15 comments:

  1. SO excited for this one, too. Love that there's all the time travel and historical fantasies coming out next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that too! Looking forward to this one!

      Delete
  2. I still haven't started Bracken's previous series but this one definitely piques my interest. Love the cover! Love the blurb! Awesome pick :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ItchingforBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds amazing! Can't wait to read it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Renee ~ My Wow Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything by Bracken, but this sounds quite intriguing. I really like the cover too! Thanks for sharing.

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Brightly Woven and I am really excited for Passenger!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/wednesday-catch-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good and I love that cover. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. l cannot wait for this book too. Happy Reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one I have heard many people excited for. I love the cover.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes, I remember this awesome cover!!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  10. I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK! Excellent choice, lady. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my pick this week as well!! Definitely can't wait for this one!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so excited for this one too! I am in love with that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.###

    Smb.org
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete