Saturday, June 27, 2015

Review: Endgame by C.J. Daugherty

17978510
Endgame by C.J. Daugherty
Publisher- Little Brown/Atom (UK)
Released- June 4th 2015
Purchase- Amazon/ TBD

Broken. Scattered. But not defeated.The spy is gone but the cost has been high - the rebels at Cimmeria Academy have lost their leader and Carter West is missing. Nathaniel can taste victory. But Allie and the other survivors aren't done yet. First they have to get Carter back. Then they plan to make Nathaniel pay.One way or another - the game must end.Endgame is the thrilling fifth and final book in the internationally bestselling Night School series.
My Thoughts:
It's over and I'm so sad. The Night School books have been one of my favorite escapes providing remarkable mystery, incredible writing, amazing characters and pure solid entertainment. C.J. Daugherty took over my  imagination book after book and it makes me sad to think that there wont be a new book to look forward to next year, but if this series has to end, I couldn't ask for anything better!

Endgame starts off seconds after Resistance ends. The beginning of the book is straight out of an action movie. It got my heart pumping from minute one and this was one ride I didn't want to stop. Allie is still recovering from the tailspin disaster at Hampstead Heath, mourning the lost of Lucinda and worried sick over Carter's capture, but she's more determined then ever as she and the rest of the Night school students and teachers fight to once and for all put a stop to this war Nathanial has started. This book felt very different amongst the rest. More dire, more intense and way more suspenseful. We're in total mission-mode here and I loved how realistic Daugherty made it feel. When the action hit it was in your face fast and exciting but then there were the longer slow periods of waiting and planning time that was both calculating and maddening. I also loved how involved the guards were in this book. It gave it that extra push, specially when Number Nine is introduced. But above all, I loved the energy that crackled throughout this last hurray. From the first book fans craved to see what Night School was all about but this book shows us just how it all goes down. And I loved every minute!

Allie, Carter, Sylvain, Zoe, Rachel and Nicole. I'm truly going to miss all of these remarkable characters. Allie has grown so strong  throughout the entire series and I was so proud of the way she took control of her own fate but still wise enough to let others help her. I'm also glad we had the chance to see what becomes of Christopher, Gabe and of course Nathaniel and the future of the organizations. As for Carter and Sylvain, well, I don't want to spoil anything but I believe this was the ending that was always meant to be. I do wish we had a little more romance, but I can't really complain given the very complicated and fast paced plot, any more romance then what we got, would have felt forced.

Bottom line, I absolutely loved this book and this series. It has been one of my most treasured and solid escapes that was such a complete joy to experience. I'll miss this world, but even though I know it's done, I still think there might be room for a spin-off, so,  fingers crossed. Congrats to Daugherty for such a brilliant series and I'm looking forward to your next adventure!

Find the author: 
Website / Goodreads                               4.5 snowflakes

0 comments:

Post a Comment