Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday, #63

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.
Here's what I'm waiting on this week:
The Road by Jay McLean
Expected publication: January 2015
*Chloe*

For four years I watched him roaming the halls of high school, always quiet, without a single clue of his A-list status. Then one night he ran into me, literally. He thought he saved me, but he had no idea how impossible that was. Now he wants to talk. Now he wants to get to know me. Now he thinks he's in love with me.
Stupid, stupid boy.

*Blake*

I wish I'd found her earlier, but she chose to stay invisible. I watched her take in the world one breath at a time, while living her life alone. I told her that I saved her that night, but I lied. I think she saved me. She wants to push me away and tell me I'm wrong, but it's too late. Now she's been noticed. Now she's a part of me. Now I'm in love with her.
Beautiful, beautiful girl.

I have yet to read anything by Jay McLean, and after coming across this book it's hard not to notice her More Series seems to be doing pretty well. The reviews look great and the series sounds intriguing. However, The Road, which is apparently a new novel, caught my attention first. Makes me assume there will be a road trip… awesome… sounds like it will be told in multiple POVs… fantastic… and it's a contemporary romance… perfect!  So while I wait for this one to hit the shelves I might give her other books a try, but The Road is definitely on my radar.

Sooo, what are you waiting on??? 

5 comments:

  1. Great pick. I've heard good things about this author's writing.

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ItchingforBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen it around but didn't pay too much attention to it, does sound good though, haven't read her others either, so I'll have to check them out. But seriously, loving the colours on the cover! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of the More series but never read the books. This one does sound very intriguing so thanks for sharing!!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy contemporaries and dual pov! I'm adding this one to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! Nice choice this week.

    ReplyDelete