Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter #8) by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, Jack Thorne

Published: July 31, 2016
Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Later.

Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. The play will receive its world premiere in London’s West End on July 30, 2016.

It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

My Thoughts
I absolutely loved this eight installment of the Harry Potter series! It made me wish I could experience this magical world from the very beginning.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is narrated as a script, and where others might find this format distracting, I did not have any issues falling into this fantastical world I’ve been missing so much.

As we reenter the world of wizards and witches, we learn that Harry Potter is struggling not only with his job at the Ministry of Magic, but also with his son Albus who feels the burden of being the son of the infamous Boy Who Lived. When Albus finds an unlikely friend in Scorpius Malfoy, they both take on an adventure to change some events of the past, but not without some devastating consequences.

From beginning to end, I felt like I reentered the world of Harry Potter that I know and love in great detail. All of the characters felt the same from Ron and Hermoine to Harry and Draco. I enjoyed meeting the next generation, and I truly hope J.K. Rowling finds a way to keep this story going for decades to come. There is so much potential to take this series in so many different directions, and I hope that happens.

Great addition to the Harry Potter series! This will always be one of my favorites. Fantastical and simply amazing.
5 Snowflakes

4 comments:

  1. I have this beautiful book but I haven't read it yet. I may read it over Christmas break. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JK Rowling i am huge fan of yours. You are really nice lady and for me successful person. I love your desi kahani .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.

    Datafutures.org
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete