Thursday, September 15, 2016

Adult Coloring Book: William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet A Coloring Classic

Romeo and Juliet: A Coloring Classic
Illustrated by Renia Metallinou, Bethan Fanine
Published: July 5, 2016
Publisher: Doubleday Books for Young Readers
Paperback: 80 pages
Bring to life the classic tale of Romeo and Juliet in this wonderfully romantic coloring book. Beautifully detailed linework combines with iconic quotations to perfectly capture the passion and tragedy of literature's greatest pair of star-crossed lovers. Features a gorgeous foiled cover!

My Thoughts
Beautifully depicted coloring book that's kept me captivated for hours.
William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet A Coloring Classic is absolutely gorgeous. There is so much to enjoy in this book especially the carefully selected quotes that you can decorate with a careful hand.  I loved how they pulled passages from the story and added scenic brilliance to the moment!
"These violent delights have violent ends and their triumph dies, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consumes." ~Friar Laurence
"I fear, too early; for my mind misgives some consequence yet hanging in the stars…" ~Romeo

The illustrators, Metallinou and Fanine, did an amazing job at creating perfectly drawn scenes that make you feel like the story is coming to life as you add color to the pages. You can get lost in a page for hours with the intricate detail.
Overall, Renia Metallinou and Bethan Fanine did a fantastic job of illustrating this classic. This work of art will keep me busy for weeks. I can't wait to add color to the rest of these pages! Love it!

Thank you to Random House for offering me an opportunity to sample the first set of coloring books.
5 Snowflakes

3 comments:

  1. Oh this looks STUNNING^^ I've always had a soft spot for Romeo and Juliet so I will certainly be adding this to my wishlist :D Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's been fun to work on. I hope you enjoy it if you decide to get it. :)

      Delete
  2. You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

    Webwise
    Expeditioner

    ReplyDelete