Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review: All I Need by Susane Colasanti

All I Need
All I Need by Susane Colasanti
Publisher-Viking Juvenile
Release May 21st 2013
Purchase- Amazon / B & N/ Chapters

The last night of summer is only the beginning.Skye wants to meet the boy who will change her life forever. Seth feels their instant connection the second he sees her. When Seth starts talking to Skye at the last beach party of the summer, it’s obvious to both of them that this is something real. But when Seth leaves for college before they exchange contact info, Skye wonders if he felt the same way she did—and if she will ever see him again. Even if they find their way back to each other, can they make a long-distance relationship work despite trust issues, ex drama, and some serious background differences?Teen favorite Susane Colasanti returns to the alternating-voice style of her beloved debut When It Happens in this Serendipity-inspired story about summer, soul mates, and the moments that change our lives forever
My Thoughts:
All I Need is a serendipity story about love, fate and soul mates.
Skye is a hopeless romantic who's in love with the idea of true love. She wants to be swept off her feet and this summer she finally meets the guy who can make her feel this way. 
Seth is a broken mess after his girlfriend breaks up with him on graduation day no less. He hasn't been ready to put his heart out there again, that is till he sees Skye at a beach party and everything became clear. There are some people in this world that you have to be willing to take a chance on.
Two priceless and magical days together, Seth and Skye have an instant connection that consumes their entire being,  but before they could meet up one last time, something gets in the way and they part before they even exchange contact information.
Two months past, then six and Seth and Skye try to move on with there respectable stand-ins, but something is missing, something that can't be replaced by empty feelings. A year later, at the same summer beach, they search for each other again, and fate steps in giving these two young hearts a second chance at possible. But young love is never quite that easy and the complications of a long distance relationship starts to take it's toll and tests what it means to be soul mates and what it takes for true love to really last.

You know, I actually enjoyed this book. I've read a lot of Colasanti books before and while I find the energy and passion in them to be plausible and sweet, I always thought of myself as someone who may be a little to old to enjoy them the way I'm suppose to. And yet, I still find myself coming back to Colasanti latest release time and time again. I think it's the fact that when I read her books, it makes me feel like a love sick teenager again. Colasanti has this brilliant and insightful way she captures being young and stupid and how messy life and love can be and I'm fascinated with how accurately she nails it and how fast I'm back there, remembering that once upon a time that was me.
Now, this would be the part where I would usually go off and start saying that this book is way to fast and that you can't have'true love' feelings for someone you've only known for two days and it's unrealistic to feel the same way a year later and believe that if the universe wills it, that one day these two hearts will meet again and live happily ever after. I'd say that it's irrational and impossible but the thing is, I don't know that it is. Who am I to say that it can't happen? Which is why I loved Seth and Skye's story, they make me believe in the power of love and all the possibilities it comes with.

Seth and Skye are such an easy couple to get lost with. They have such a lovely and adorable chemistry. The beginning stages of relationships are the most fun and exciting times in a young couples life. It's where your feelings are magnified, where a week apart feels like a million years and your heart breaks into a thousand longing pieces till your in each others arms again. This is the kind of love that makes you want to sink into and never let go. It really was beautifully conveyed and one of the sweetest things.
I saw a lot of myself in Skye which is why I connected with her right away. I was such a hopeless idiot back in my teen days, waiting for one days and the perfect someone to make my stomach drop, my breath hitch and my pulse race. Skye is a very intense character that wraps her entire world into feeling this way. I think it's a little unhealthy to devote your ever thought to someone else, but when your eighteen and meet the man of your dreams it's hard to feel anything less.
Seth is wonderful character and I love that's he's passionate about art and music and the way he feels about Skye. But the demands of work, school and a long distance relationship is hard to balance and yet through it all he doesn't give up on what's most important.
Together, Seth and Skye make falling in love look effortless and feel undeniable but with hard work and a strong commitment they also work out the trials life throws at them, coming out stronger then ever before. 

All in all, I really enjoyed Susane Colasanti latest novel. It has some really irresistible moments, the writing and the dialog is terrific and these characters will take you to that place where being young and in love makes you feel magical and alive. It's the perfect summer romance for younger adults and for those who are just as hopeless as Seth and Skye and even me. All I Need melted my heart and made me smile and sigh, and really, what more can I ask for while basking on the beach on a warm summer day. Well done.

Find the author
                                                                    4 Snowflakes 

Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin!!
Follow on Bloglovin


4 comments:

  1. I didn't feel the connection when I read this. I think I get what Colasanti was trying to do, but I just didn't connect on an emotional level.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt like that with some of her other books so I hear where your coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read All I Need but to be honest, this doesn't sound like a book I would buy for myself but something I would try if it was gifted or something. I think because of the instant love connection which I am not a fan of. I don't mean to be negative!! I am sorry! What does sound interesting to me though is how they would make it work long distance, or what their drama was.

    Thanks for the review, though!

    Jovon Tucker
    Book2Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good. Some books just aren't for everyone:)

      Delete