Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4)
Rating: 5 Snowflakes


The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) was such an anticipated book for me as well as to so many others that have fallen deeply in love with the world in which Julie Kagawa has so artfully created. Her brilliance shines once again in this final installment of the Iron Fey series. The question that lingers on all of our minds, will Ash and Meghan finally get their HEA?
I wanted to share with you all, one of my most favorite parts in this series…
“Memory trickled in, seeking to slip beneath my defenses, the icy wall I showed the world. I had once thought my armor invincible, that nothing could touch me…until Meghan Chase had entered my life and turned it upside down. Reckless, loyal, possessing the unyielding stubbornness of a granite cliff, she’d smashed through all the barriers I’d erected to keep her out, refusing to give up on me, until I finally had to admit defeat. It was official. I was in love. With a human.”
I completely and utterly fell in love with Ash, more than ever before as I took this “quest to earn a soul” with him as well as a few of the other characters we have grown to love in the Iron Fey. There are obstacles they will face and losses they will mourn. This is the quest of all quests that will challenge loyalties and friendships, but above all, a real true love.
I was emotionally attached to this series from the get-go and hoped it would never end. Sadly, all good things must come to an end. For me, this was such a beautiful way to bow out IMO. This treasure of a book is one you want to take your time with and indulge in every moment and take it all in.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie. What a fantastic journey you took us on. I am really looking forward to more of your work. Thank you for taking the time to drop by :)

    ReplyDelete