Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #78 Talon by Julie Kagawa

Welcome to Teaser Tuesdays! Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! My Teaser Tuesday is for the following...

Talon (Talon, #1)Talon by Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: October 28, 2014

Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.

Teasers from e-book page: 71

All right, enough was enough! Why should I be hunted? I was a freaking dragon. The apex predator, according to Talon. If survival meant not getting shot at all costs, maybe I should be the one doing the hunting. 

Teasers from e-book page: 72

Hello, boys. I grinned, and felt my back haunches wriggle as I tensed to pounce. Payback's a bitch. 


PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Teaser Tuesdays post, or share your ‘teasers’ in a comment here if you don’t have a blog Thanks! 


7 comments:

  1. I love those teases. I need to look that book up and put it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm snickering. LOL Can not wait to get my hands on this!!!
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/04/teaser-tuesdays-88-real-elves-an-emily-castle-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teasers! I love the book's cover too. Sounds like a good story.
    My Tuesday post features a Navajo mystery by Tony Hillerman: THE BLESSING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both sound great! Exactly the kind of thoughts I want to hear from a dragon!!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME Teasers!! I've had an ARC of TALON for months but kept putting it off. But your teasers just reminded me that I definitely need to pick it up asap! I hope your enjoying it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I haven't reached those parts on the book yet and they're quite awesome! Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete